Sunday, March 21, 2010

Reveal.











After much thought and prayer, we were confident that the Lord was leading me to have gastric bypass surgery. I excitedly when through 6 months of nutrition classes ahead of time, and then finally had my surgery date scheduled. I can honestly say I wasn't apprehensive in the least. I was so confident that this was exactly what I needed. I was ready and willing to make a huge lifestyle change. My surgery was on June 20, 2007. I went through it like a breeze. By May of 2008, I had lost 230 lbs! Yes...in only 11 months. The Lord was my strength. I know without a doubt that it was Him that helped that weight drip off. He had so many lessons for me to learn...and I was about to embark on a journey I would have never guessed. To anyone who thinks having weight loss surgery is taking the easy road...think again. I had absolutely no problems with the surgery. You know all those horror stories you hear? Well, mine was a fairy tale!! Just 11 months after the surgery, we were ready to try for a baby. I felt the best I had ever felt in ... well, just about my whole life!!! What I had become is exactly the same person...in a different suitcase. Nothing really changed...who I was, was Sarah...repackaged. (Repackaged in American Eagle and DKNY I might add!) And what I was about to become was a dream come true. But, in the process, I was about to go through some of the deepest sadness in my life.
"The Lord is my strength and my shield.
I trust Him with all my heart.
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
I burst out in songs of thanksgiving."
Psalm 28:7

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sarah, I can't believe it's you! I just clicked over to this blog from Stephanie Garcia's and was thrilled to hear about all that has happened in your life. Do you remember Darcy Dobbertin? Do you remember giving me haircuts in Barndollar and running around with Rhonda and Tammy? You always seemed to have glitter stuck to you somewhere! : ) Well, now I'm Darcy Figueroa, living and working with a church in Santo Domingo, DR, with my husband Jose, who is Puerto Rican but born and raised in Chicago, where we met and married in June of 2004. I have both a personal and church blog that I keep: http://darcyfigueroa.wordpress.com and http://iccdr.wordpress.com. Come check me out and stay in touch! I'll be praying for little Sutton! Much love, Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so beautiful! : ) So, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete