Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dan.







My husband is one of the greatest blessings I have been given. I often wonder how he saw through the 400 lb "coat of armor" I had carefully built and maintained throughout my 26 yrs of life. No one else had ever cared enough to see past my exterior. Dan did. Truthfully, he wasn't at all the type of person I had pictured myself marrying. I was looking for the good little Bible college graduate that could debate Theology with the best of them. Someone who could claim stealing a cookie from the cookie jar when they were 5 as their "worst sin". Someone who could wipe you out with their knowledge of Scriptures. Someone who's wardrobe of choice was a terrific suit and tie, and wouldn't think of leaving the house with a hair out of place. To me, knowledge of Scriptures = depth of relationship with the Lord. Wow, did I have a lot to learn. You see, then there was Dan, aka...what you see is what you get. Dan himself had been through the Refiner's fire. In fact, he had gaping wounds of his own that I believe prevented him from seeing my armor. Dan wasn't at all concerned about armor (his, or mine)... Dan's love for me wasn't immediate. It took 9 months of friendship before God supplied Dan with the ability to trust/love again. But boy, when it hit...it hit. I only wish everyone could be loved by someone as much as I am loved by Dan. We were married on May 8, 2004. And thus began a new volume in the story of my life.




"Remember dear brothers and sisters, that few of you were wise in the world's eyes or powerful or wealthy when God called you. Instead, God called things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless, to shame those who are powerful. God chose things despised by the world, things counted as nothing at all, and used them to bring to nothing what the world considers important."

I Corinthians 1: 26-28

No comments:

Post a Comment