Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Broken.



Sometimes I feel like I beat a dead horse by sharing the miracle of Sutton...but, then other times I just don't care and pick up the club. God gave us this little boy for a reason, and I believe it is to share the story of encouragement with others who may be in the same situation. Right now is one of those times. Sutton was/is a dream come true for us. After so many years of infertility, there were nights when I went to bed wondering if the word "mom" would ever apply to me. I was broken. I felt broken. What is the main difference between a man and a woman? A woman can bare children. I couldn't. I was broken. I couldn't be returned, I couldn't be "fixed" necessarily...but supposedly, I could be improved. Improved. Just like one of those recalled Toyotas. What was God trying to teach me through all of this? Maybe I wasn't broken after all.... maybe God was trying to break me!

" But on the judgement day, fire will reveal
what kind of work each builder has done.
The fire will show if a person's work has any value.
If the work survives, that builder will receive a reward.
But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great loss.
The builder will be saved,
but like someone barely escaping through a wall of flames."
I Corinthians 3: 13-15

No comments:

Post a Comment